1. CALM AND COMPOSED: The term "Captain cool" is associated with him because he remains calm in most of the situations. The way he handles pressure, be it chasing a big score, be it bowling in death overs, handling the hatred...he never loses his calmness around. Dhoni, one of the greatest cricketers and captains of all time.
2. SIMPLE AND SOPHISTICATED: He still gets his haircut by his old barber, Prefers a train ride with his teammates over a luxurious plane, never being the one holding the trophy in the group picture after winning, even a world cup!
3. TAKING ALL THE BLAMES ON HIMSELF: For him, ' The winning is for the team, and the loss is for me. ' He does take all the blame and stand in front of the team...protecting them...holding them with fierceness in eyes to do best in next match.
4. THE BEST WICKET KEEPER EVER: Of course, we all could not be a wicketkeeper but what we can learn is his skill, his speed to be the best in whatever he does! Of course, it took years to reach on that level...but here is how it is...!!
Most stumpings in international cricket
MS Dhoni also holds the record for inflicting the most number of stumpings in international cricket. In 350 matches, Dhoni has 123 stumpings to his name. He is also the only wicket-keeper to have inflicted 100 international stumpings in his career. In terms of total dismissals, Dhoni is behind South Africa’s Mark Boucher and Australia’s Adam Gilchrist.
5. BEING POSITIVE IN NEGATIVE TIMES: You will never come across any possible situation where he behaved out of the 'norms.' There is a peace in his face, his smile, which we could definitely learn from him. The leader needs to remain calm, even in the worst situations, and MS Dhoni has managed so well with it.
Here is what other famous cricketers feel about him.
Sachin Tendulkar: Dhoni, the best captain I have played under.
Kapil Dev: Dhoni is my hero. We talk a lot about Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, but this boy has as much talent as anyone in the game...
Sunil Gavaskar: When I die, the last thing I want to see is the six that Dhoni hit in the 2011 world cup final.
In one of his interviews, he said that whatever comes in life, be it a challenge or happiness, it comes up with responsibility, and we should be ready to face it with a smile.
He always says I believe in the process more than results; that's why I give my best and encourage my team to give it's best in any situation.
My favorite quote of him is
- If you don't really have a dream, you can't really push yourself; you don't really know what the target is, you can not perform well. His words clearly encourage us to have a dream even if nobody believes it...and then proving the world wrong.
There are many more qualities of him which we could inculcate.
This is my first writing on this platform. I need your encouragement to perform best.