What is the meaning of cold pranayama?
Sitakari means 'coolness' means the thing that cools our body and mind, while doing this pranayama, the sound of the word 'Sit' has to be removed from the mouth. And for this reason, this pranayama was named Sitkari Pranayama. This pranayama is also very simple and useful pranayama. This practice comes under cooling pranayama. These exercises should be done in the summer season only.
The method of cooling pranayama is as follows?
- First of all, spread the carpet on a clean and flat ground and sit on it in the posture of Siddhasana.
- Now keep your spine and head straight.
- Now place the teeth of your lower jaw on the teeth of the upper jaw.
- Now put your tongue behind your teeth and keep your mouth slightly open so that the breath can come in.
- Now bend your tongue backwards and apply the anterior part of the tongue from the palate.
- Now inhale slowly from the place of your teeth.
- Breathe in such a way that there is a flow of breath.
- Now hold your breath for a few moments and then remove it from the nose later.
Repeat this process 10-15 times.
See the benefits and importance of cold pranayama?
- Keep the amount of oxygen intact: - Regular practice of Sitkari Pranayama does not reduce the amount of oxygen in the body.
For blood circulation process: - Its regular practice improves blood circulation process in the body. If our blood communication is normal then there are no diseases of the heart nor other diseases.
- Brings agility in the body: - By doing this, the body gets tired and the body gets agitated. According to psychologists, fatigue is a state of loss of interest and desire. The general meaning of physical fatigue is derived from the decrease in the strength of the mind or body. In such a situation the man does not work or there is very little. A tired person remains inactive. The body remains energized throughout the day by its morning practice.
- Get rid of sleep: - It is necessary to get a good sleep because it removes fatigue and fills the body with energy, strength and strength. If your sleep is not complete well then it can prove fatal for you. If you have sleep problems, then you can get rid of the problem of sleeplessness by practicing this pranayam.
- Do not sweat: - It brings coolness to the whole body and does not sweat. Sweating is a natural function of our body. Which keeps the body temperature under control. Sweat separates on the skin and emits steam, which causes the body to cool down. It only happens when needed, that is, when the body temperature exceeds a threshold.
- Increases earthquake: - The problem of loss of appetite and thirst is overcome. Loss of appetite is called anorexia or anorexia in medical language. In anorexia or anorexia, the patient does not feel hungry, even if forced meal, he feels distasteful. A person suffering from this disease is unable to eat more than 1 or 2 grains and he / she starts having sour bursts without eating anything.
- Increase physical aura: - Regular morning and morning practice of this pranayama can increase the physical aura.
- Cures all these diseases: - By doing this, many types of diseases like dental diseases, pyorrhea, throat and mouth diseases, nose and tongue diseases are benefited.
- Get rid of stomach irritation: - The practice of this pranayama eliminates the problem of stomach irritation. It is very important to properly digest the food we eat. In the process of digestion, our stomach secretes an acid which is very important for digestion.
- Keep the body temperature balanced: - By its regular practice, the body temperature is balanced. When the body temperature exceeds normal, that condition is called fever or fever (fever). It is not a disease but a symptom that states that the system controlling the temperature of the body has increased the desired temperature (set-point) of the body by 1-2 degrees.
- Make the face shine: - By practicing this pranayama, we can bring natural glow on our face. Because it corrects the blood, if our blood clears, then the natural glow on the face automatically increases.
- Cleanse the internal organs: - This pranayama also cleanses the internal organs of the body. The inner filth is not seen by the eyes, it is known only by experience or by symptoms. Therefore, the attention of many people does not go towards that. But whatever it is, that filth is harmful and gradually fills our entire body with feces.
Caution and rules are also necessary in this pranayama?
- This pranayama should always be done on an empty stomach. This pranayama should not be done in the mouth by patients with phlegm and tonsils.
- It should not be practiced in winter season. Practice this only in an open, clean area, avoid dusty places.
- Do not do this pranayama in asthma, cold and cough disease. Patients with phlegm and tonsils in the mouth should not practice sitakari pranayama.