The rapid development of technologies has considerably influenced humanity. The advent of advanced presentation graphics software has replaced the overhead projectors and transparencies of bygone days. Data presentation has now become more colorful, comprehensive, and appealing. The conventional methods f teaching, using blackboards in classrooms, are being gradually replaced by digital boards. It has made the learning process more interactive, practical, and easy to comprehend.
Presentation software is application software, which is used to create multimedia presentations in the form of slide shows. An introduction is a collection of slides arranged sequentially to convey, persuade, motivate, entertain, or to provide information. A slide can be defined as a digital or an electronic page of a presentation. A slide show is a sequential display of slides. A presentation can be made more interesting and useful by adding text, diagrams, scanned images, clipart, sound, video, designs, and special animation effects. The presentation can be projected on a big screen by attaching the computer to a multimedia projector.
In this lesson, you will learn about the basic operations of presentation software and its components.
Most popular presentation software is:
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Google Slides(Part of Google Docs)
- Adobe Connect
- OpenOffice Impress
Mostly used presentation software is Microsoft Powerpoint, so we are talking about the only PowerPoint.......
MICROSOFT POWERPOINT (2010)
PowerPoint 2010 is a presentation software that allows you to create dynamic slide presentations that can include animation, narration, image, and video. It is a graphical software package that is used for creating effective multimedia presentations. It is a part of the Microsoft Office 2010 suite, which provides various tools, wizards, templates, themes, and predefined layouts to create professional presentations.
- Microsoft PowerPoint is a powerful communication tool to present the views and ideas effectively through visual aids. Presentations can be enhanced with 2D and 3D clipart, special effects and transition styles, animation, and high impact drawing tools. This application is widely used in the field of entertainment, education, corporate training session, seminars, and conferences.
- You can easily import data from Word, Excel, etc., into a PowerPoint presentation.
- You can also generate handouts and speaker's notes for a presentation.
- Click on the start>All Program>Microsoft Office>Microsoft PowerPoint2010.
- On starting Powerpoint, a blanked presentation named 'Preasentation1' appears on the screen.
THE POWERPOINT WINDOW
The Microsoft PowerPoint window has the following components:
- Title Bar: This bar is located at the top of the Powerpoint window.
- Quick Access Toolbar: It is a customizable toolbar that contains commands that you may want to use often.
- Ribbon: It is placed at the top area of the main window.
- File Tab: THis View allows us to create a new presentation, open an existing display, save, print, send, or close the performance.
- Slide Panel: It is the blank area in the middle of the window where you can design the slides.
- Slide Tab: It shows a thumbnail or miniature version of each slide. If you want to see the broad View of any thumbnail, click on it.
- OUTLINE TAB: This tab displays the outline of all the text present in each slide. You can edit your document directly in this View.
- STATUS BAR: It displays essential information about the current slide like slide number, Theme name, Spell check, View, and Zoom level.
- VIEW BUTTONS: These buttons can be used to switch between the Normal View, Slide Sorter View, Reading View, and Slide Show View.
- NOTES PANE: In the Notes pane, you type your notes about the current slide.