20. Katy Perry (Net Worth:$330 Million)
After singing in church during her childhood, she persuade a career in gospel music as a teenager. Perry signed with Red Hill Records and released her debut studio album Katy Hudson under her birth name in 2001.
19. Ringo Starr (Net Worth: $350 Million)
Ringo Starr, who is worth a reported $350 million, recently revealed The Beatles were meant to record another album.
18. Beyoncé (Net Worth: $355 Million)
Beyoncé also launched several business projects, such as her own fashion and fragrance lines, has a stake in husband Jay-Z's tidal streaming service, and even dabbles in acting.
17. Mick Jagger (Net Worth: $360 Million)
Mick Jagger is a Rolling Stone who still performs to millions of people around the whole world, which is always going to be a money-earner.
16. Toby Keith (Net Worth: $365 Million)
Toby is a huge star of his genre, but he's also made a lot of money from acting, but mainly from his successful clothing line and the I Love this bar and Grill chain of restaurants.
15. Jennifer Lopez (Net Worth: $380 Million)
Jennifer Lopez has had a hugely successful singing career along with several acting roles and even a fragrance line.
14. Barbara Streisand (Net Worth: $400 Million)
Barbara has had a number one album in each of the last six decades, with Forbes revealing she is one of the richest self-made women in United States.
13. Johnny Mathis (Net Worth: $400 Million)
American singer-songwriter Johnny became highly popular as an album artist and has since gone on to record 12 TV specials and release a cookbook.
12. Jon Bon Jovi (Net Worth: $410 Million)
The star also made money through acting and even owns a football team called the Philadelphia Souls.
11. Celine Dion (Net Worth: $430 Million)
Singer Celine quickly became an international superstar and made a large portion of her money by touring.
10. Shania Twain (Net Worth: $450 Million)
With over 85 million records sold worldwide, Shania Twain is counted among the best selling singers in history alongside Elton John, Elvis Presley and The Beatles.
9. Victoria Beckham (Net Worth: $450 Million)
After touring with the Spice Girls, Victoria Beckham earned money from documentaries and reality shows as well as two bestselling books. She also increased her wealth through fashion designing her own label.
8. Bruce Springsteen (Net Worth: $500 Million)
Rocker Bruce has been actively performing for more than 50 years, with tours earning him a huge amount.
7. Gloria Estefan (Net Worth: $500 Million)
Gloria has written two children's book, co-wrote a cookbook and is the co-owner of several restaurants, two hotels and has a stake in Miami Dolphins.
6. Dolly Parton (Net Worth: $500 Million)
Dolly revealed she has composed more than 3000 songs, had an acting career, along with owning her own film and TV production company.
5. Elton John (Net Worth: $500 Million)
Elton John began writing songs for other artists and working as a session musician before becoming a performer himself.
4. Mariah Carey (Net Worth: $520 Million)
The singer has one of the most successful Christmas singles of all time and even holds the record for the most chart-topping singles.
3. Madonna (Net Worth: $590 Million)
The singer has a record label, fashion lines, has published children's books, been behind movie productions, health clubs and lucrative endorsement deals.
2. Bono (Net Worth: $700 Million)
Bono also made money by investing in Facebook. He co-owns the Clarence Hotel in Dublin, serves on the board of private equity firm Elevation Partners and owns a large property portfolio.
1. Paul McCartney (Net Worth: 1.2 Billion)
Paul tops the list after years of collecting royalties for his songwriting in The Beatles. The musician also had commercial success with wings and as a solo artist.