Grief, feeling down or having a loss of interest or pleasure in daily activities are familiar feelings for all of us. But if they persist and affect our life substantially, the issue may be depression.
Depression is a mood disorder that involves a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest. It is different from the mood fluctuation that people regularly experience as a part of life. Major events like broken relationships, loss of job and any other event that broke your soul can lead to depression.
Depression is an ongoing problem, not a passing one. Grief can be cure may be in 2 weeks but depression may take weeks, months and years too.
Signs and symptoms of depression
- Depressed mood
- Change in appetite
- Sleeping too much or too little
- slowed movement and speech
- a loss in sexual desire
- recurrent thought of death or suicide or an attempt to suicide
Natural tips for you to get rid of Depression
- Get in a routine: If you are depressed you really need a routine.
- Get enough sleep: Too little sleep may take your depression at the worst level. So, what you can do is make some changes to your lifestyle got o bed and get up at the same time every day. Clear out all the distractions from the room like no computer, TV, and mobile to you may find your sleep improve.
- Eat healthily: There is no magic diet that can take away all your depression. Just eat healthy that keeps your mind healthy and keeps you fit.
- Exercise: Regular exercise seems to boost the brain cells and encourage the brain to rewire itself and give you positive vibes.
- Take responsibility: Take responsibility at home and at work. responsibility keeps you engage and take you out of the thing which you are thinking consistently. Take a break from depression.
- Challenge negative thoughts: When any negative thought appears or comes to your mind must be engaged in some work ASAP. This will take your mind to another route.