I was recently asked for 6 ways of sticking to your diet. I quickly made the following list.
Which tips on or off the list have been most important to you?
1. Don't even try to change your eating until you have learned important skills, such as how to motivate yourself every day.
How to get yourself to use good eating habits, how to withstand hunger and craving, and how to get yourself back on track immediately when you make a mistake.
2. Motivate yourself every day by reading a long list of reasons you want to lose weight every morning.
3. Eat everything sitting down, slowly, and enjoy every bite whether or not you feel like it.
It's much more difficult to allow yourself to eat off plan, eat mindlessly, or binge if you are doing this.
4. Stay accountable—report (whether you have used good eating habits and followed your plan).
5. Stop looking for the perfect diet or the perfect combination of food.
Eat-in a very healthy way, but allow yourself to have one favorite food in moderation every day.
If you're tempted to eat more of this food or go on to other foods you hadn't planned to eat, then consume it shortly before bedtime, brush your teeth, and get in bed.
6. Change your mindset about food and eating. Recognize that you can eat whatever you want whenever you want, or you can be thinner.
7. Prove to yourself that hunger is never an emergency (if you don't have a serious medical condition). Skip lunch and snacks one day.
You'll find that hunger is only mildly uncomfortable, compared to real discomfort such as you might have experienced after surgery or after breaking bones.
That hunger comes and goes, lasting no more than 5-10 minutes at a time; usually, that hunger is certainly tolerable.
8. Tech your self the difference between (that empty feeling in your stomach when you haven't eaten for a few hours) and craving or the desire to eat.
Which you will feel in your mouth or throat. Ultimately, you want to label what you're feeling hunger, craving, tiredness, boredom, or negative emotion.
And tolerate it without eating. In the short run, have a list of powerful distracting to turn your attention away from food.
8 simple ways to stick to a healthy diet.
1. Eating healthy can help you lose weight and have more energy.
2. Start with realistic expectations.
3. Think about what really motivates you.
4. Keep unhealthy foods out of the house.
5. Don't have an all or nothing approach.
6. Carry healthy snacks...
7. Exercise and change your diet at the same time.
8. Have a game plan before eating out.
Plate power- 5 tips for healthy eating.
1. Choose a good carb.
2. Pay attention to the protein package.
3 choose foods with healthy fats, limit foods high in saturated fat, and avoid trans fat foods.
4. Choose a fiber-filled diet, rich in whole grain, vegetables, and fruits.
5. Calcium is important.
5 Benefits of Eating Healthy.
1. Weight loss. One of the main reasons people eat a healthy diet is maintaining a healthy weight or losing weight.
2. Heart health.
3. Strong bones and teeth.
4. Better mood and energy levels.
5. Improved memory and brain health.